Shared Commitment + Collaboration = Our Strength
As a cooperative organization, Good Neighbor relies on the support of many faith groups and organizations. Each contributes according to its ability and has the opportunity to select an individual to serve on the Board of Directors.
- Ames Church of the Nazarene, Ames
- Ames Jewish Congregation, Ames
- Ames Friends Meeting (Quakers), Ames
- Ames Mennonite, Ames
- Baha’i Community of Ames
- Bergen Lutheran Church, Roland
- Bethany Lutheran Church, Kelley
- Bethesda Lutheran Church, Ames
- Collegiate Presbyterian Church, Ames
- Collegiate United Methodist/Wesley Foundation, Ames
- Cornerstone Church, Ames
- First Baptist Church, Ames
- First Christian Church, Ames
- First United Methodist Church, Ames
- Friendship Baptist Church, Ames
- Gilbert Lutheran Church, Gilbert
- Harvest Evangelical Free Church, Story City
- The Holy Transfiguration Orthodox Christian Church
- Immanuel Lutheran Church, Story City
- Lord of Life Lutheran Church, Ames
- Memorial Lutheran Church, Ames
- Northminster Presbyterian Church, Ames
- St. Andrews Lutheran Church, Ames
- St. Cecilia Catholic Church, Ames
- St. John’s By the Campus Episcopal Church, Ames
- St. Paul Lutheran Church, Ames
- Stonebrook Community Church, Ames
- Trinity Christian Reformed Church, Ames
- United Church of Christ Congregational, Ames
- Unitarian Universalist Fellowship, Ames
- Unity Church, Ames
- Ames Town and Country Kiwanis
- Ames Golden K Kiwanis
- Ames Noon Kiwanis
- Ames Alternative Gift Market
- Ames CROP Walk
- Senior Variety Show
- Wexfordhouse, LLC (Michael Londra, Concerts)
How to become a member of Good Neighbor
Is your faith group or organization missing from the list above? It’s easy to become a member of Good Neighbor, and we’d love to have you do so! Member groups agree to support Good Neighbor financially and are invited to help with fundraising and community events.
Benefits of being a member organization
- Your assistance dollars can go further, because they are combined with those of many other groups and are increased through grants, fundraisers, matching gifts, and donations.
- We have a full-time Director who meets with clients daily and who is connected to related services in the area.
- You can participate in our special fundraisers, such as our annual combined choir concert in the Fall.
- By pooling our funds, we reduce the need for low-income individuals to travel to multiple faith communities all over Story County to receive help.
- Good Neighbor’s proximity to downtown Ames and its bus system, Story County Community Services, The Bridge Home, Food at First, and other related services makes us easy to find and convenient for clients to get to our office.
Contact Lori Allen, Director, for more information about becoming a member organization.